About this event
Hot Design Manifesto Summer
An interactive conversation
August 19th | 6 – 7:30p CST
An interactive conversation that will explore the role manifestos play in our design practices.
In every professional field, there are definitive texts, for example in Medicine, The Merck Manual comes to mind. The Chicago Graphic Design Club has compiled the manifestos that have shaped graphic design’s evolution for over 100 years.
Join us for part conversation and part interactive workshop to explore a collection of design manifestos. We’ll discuss and challenge the role of manifestos and discover how they can impact and shape our practices. In addition, we’ll be facilitating an interactive workshop that’ll allow participants to craft and develop their own manifestos.
We’ve compiled a collection of manifestos on our website. We encourage you to get familiar with at least 3 of your choosing, prior to our meeting. We’ll be discussing them as a group.
Participants can expect to…
- Obtain a basic understanding of the history and application of manifestos in design
- Share and discuss guiding design principles.
- Develop a personal manifesto through a faciliated and collaborative framework
- 15 minutes • Introduction and logistics
- 45 minutes • Group conversation and discussion
- 30 minutes • Manifesto workshop
Thanks to Patrick Smith and Christian Solorzano for organizing and planning.